miércoles, agosto 08, 2007

The best Jerry, the best! (IV) : El Biólogo Marino

Ya en la segunda mitad de la 5º temporada raro es el episodio escrito por Larry David. Pero cualquier escritor que pase por "Seinfeld" estará a la altura. "The Marine Biologist" era una historia de Bruce Kirschbaum que el también genial Larry Charles convirtió en guión.

Las cuatro tramas:

- Elaine tiene que trabajar con un famoso escritor ruso. En su primera conversación con él le cuenta algo que le ha dicho Jerry: que Tolstoi quería llamar a "Guerra y Paz" algo así como "War--What Is It Good For?" (como la canción que versionaba Springsteen).

- Kramer practica su swing en la playa. Sólo consigue enchufar una bola.

-Jerry se encuentra con una antigua compañera del instituto que le pregunta por George. Jerry para salvar la imagen de su amigo (vive con sus padres, sin empleo...) le cuenta que es un biólogo marino de prestigio. George (que prefiere hacerse pasar por un arquitecto normalmente) lleva la mentira hasta el final, cuando tiene que salvarle la vida a una ballena...

Todo confluye a la perfección, como de constumbre.



George: So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys, I was terrified! But I pressed on and as I made my way passed the breakers a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things but I tell you Jerry at that moment I was a marine biologist!

Elaine: George I was just reading this thing in the papers, it's amazing!

George: I know I was just telling them the story.

Kramer: Come on George, finish the story.

George: The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to
return soup at a deli!

George: I got about fifty-feet out and then suddenly the great beast appeared before me. I tell ya he was ten stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence he gave out a big bellow. I said, "Easy big fella!" And then as I watched him struggling I realized something was obstructing his breathing. From where I was standing I could see directly into the eye of the great fish!

Jerry: Mammal.

George: Whatever.

Kramer: Well, what did you do next?

George: Then from out of nowhere a huge title wave lifted, tossed like a quark and I found myself on top of him face to face with the blow-hole. I could barely see from all of the waves crashing down on top of me but I knew something was there so I reached my hand and
pulled out the obstruction!

(George pulls out of the inside pocket a golf ball)

(Jerry and George just stare at Kramer)

Kramer: What is that a Titleist? A hole in one eh.
Creative Commons License
Esta obra está bajo una licencia de Creative Commons.